POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : transmit does not work with image maps : Re: transmit does not work with image maps Server Time
3 May 2024 14:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transmit does not work with image maps
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Apr 2024 02:36:57
Message: <66221109$1@news.povray.org>
Op 19/04/2024 om 04:11 schreef Bald Eagle:

https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Image_Map#The_Filter_and_Transmit_Bitmap_Modifiers

> I'm trying filter all and transmit all, and there is no observable filter or
> transmit.
>
> When I try filter 0, 0.99, I get
>
> Parse Error: Keyword 'transmit' cannot be used with non color-mapped image.
>
> So either I'm doing something very wrong, or this part of the code is _broken_,
> or things have changed, and the documentation does not reflect this.
>
> Can anyone verify / solve / workaround?
>
> - BE

Should work I guess. I use them all the time, with Poser figures in
particular. Example:

#declare p_map13=pigment {image_map{jpeg "JamesHair1.jpg" gamma srgb
interpolate 2 transmit all 0 filter all 0} }

I never used that wiki example though. I wonder if that is not
specifically for GIF image formats only...?

--
Thomas