POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Details on layered textures/materials : Re: Details on layered textures/materials Server Time
3 May 2024 14:34:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Details on layered textures/materials
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Apr 2024 03:55:14
Message: <6613a2e2$1@news.povray.org>
Op 7-4-2024 om 16:38 schreef Bald Eagle:
> Now THAT is weird.

OK. "Solved" that one I guess.

I noticed earlier in the code provided by Chris, that /inside/ the
(sub-) macros he used a semicolon to end a texture. The original code of
the granite macro did not have those and - iirc - they were not used as
such any more since... POV-Ray 3.5? 3.6?

Anyway, you can safely delete one of the two M_Granite textures,
provided that you add a semicolon at the end of the declaration (and
before invoking the texture obviously) like this:

#declare M_Granite =
texture {
   //interior {ior 1.6}
   #if (Pol) //polished
     #if (Type=off)
       T1_GranitePol
     #else
       T1_GranitePol
       T2_GranitePol
     #end  //Type
   #else //frosted
     #if (Type=off)
       T1_GraniteFro
       Crand(0.25)
       //Tcrand
     #else
       T1_GraniteFro
       T2_GraniteFro
       Crand(0.25)
       //Tcrand
     #end  //Type
   #end  //Pol
   scale M_scale
   rotate M_rotat
   translate M_trans
} //texture
;

M_Granite

So that seems to be solved although I do not understand /why/ or

--
Thomas