POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Optical Pendulum : Re: Optical Pendulum Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:36:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optical Pendulum
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 21 Mar 2023 10:51:07
Message: <6419c45b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

> ingo writes:
>> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>>> A WEB page was made to illustrate the "optical pendulum" experiment:
>>>
>>> <https://hebergement.universite-paris-saclay.fr/lecoat/demoweb/optica
l_pendulum.html>

>> Nice!
>
> Thanks. I don't know anyone else working on such an experiment. It only

> requires a computer and a camera. This is so simple, but interesting!
> Many people are trying to match images the best way, but there's no
> real experiment like this "optical pendulum", so far as I know about it
?

The planar perspective transformation used for modelling the camera
motion, was added to the "optical pendulum" WEB page. Some of the
transforms are present in Persistence of Vision, like 3 translations
and 3 rotations. But the "skew" or "shear" angles <Sx,Sy> are not
directly. Thanks for the POV-Ray advance users to have helped on that.

Regards,

--

<http://eureka.atari.org/>