POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vovin : Re: Vovin Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:44:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vovin
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Nov 2022 07:53:04
Message: <6374dd30@news.povray.org>
Op 16-11-2022 om 12:10 schreef Simon J. Cambridge:
> Hello again. I thought I would share this one, recently created, and see what
> you think. I have been trying to get make simple yet effective media clouds for
> some time - in order to speed up the render - and I feel I am a bit closer with
> this one. It still takes a decent time to render, but less than others I have
> tried in the past. The Vovin (beasts from my books) are modelled in hamapatch
> (as I still haven't shifted to blender - so much to do and so little time!)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon J. Cambridge
>
> (See my other stuff on my website - www.landofthefirst.com)

As always, very impressive.

For media clouds, have you experimented with those from Abe Madey?

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4447da16ade663f78069ddd30@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=243615&toff=50

They are very good, and, in my experience, not too slow to render
although that always is the trade off with media.

That landscape smells of mandelbrot fractals... ;=)

--
Thomas