POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Problem with transparent object and quartics : Re: Problem with transparent object and quartics Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:00:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with transparent object and quartics
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 5 Jul 2022 06:50:39
Message: <62c4177f$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/30/22 04:26, William F Pokorny wrote:
> - It should be once user bounding is in place you can flip renders
> between -ur and +ur and see the infinite shape count reported in the
> text output change.

My sleeping dreams...

On waking this morning I had the thought the above statement likely
only applies with my povr branch where the +ur/-ur behavior has no
exceptions.

The official POV-Ray branches have hidden, user bounds stripping
exceptions. I'd make a moderate bet the polynomial shape is one of those
exceptions. If right, the infinite count will NOT go up with +ur in the
official POV-Ray branches - and the render result won't revert.

Bill P.