POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Max world size? : Re: Max world size? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:44:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Max world size?
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 2 Jul 2022 18:55:41
Message: <62c0cced$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 04.06.22 05:48, HackerDaGreat57 wrote:
> I'm pretty new to POV-Ray and have gotten somewhat experienced with its
> coordinate system and how it places cameras.
>
> I'm wondering what is the limit for coordinates? Take Blender, for example - it
> starts losing precision after a few thousand meters, but what about POV-Ray?
>
> TL;DR: What is the max reliable coordinate number in POV-Ray

According to my personal experience, when it comes to object sizes,
anything from 0.000075 to 10,000,000 is rendered correctly. Distances,
however, are a different issue - for example, if you model the Solar
System at a scale of 1 unit = 1 km, most likely the Sun would not be
visible from Earth...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Arcanes a-c (Richard Vimal)