POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Weird problem with transparent box : Re: Weird problem with transparent box Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:38:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird problem with transparent box
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 24 Jun 2022 03:20:02
Message: <62b565a2$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/23/22 22:33, Chris R wrote:
>   Would you prefer it in bug reports, sources, or here in the
> images newsgroup?

Either OK for me. For future reference a post to bug reports with some
sort of pointer or mention of this thread in binary images is likely
better.

---
Given you do put everything into a scene union, it'd be worth trying a
render where you include the transparent box at outside the union. You'd
do this by commenting your box ID reference or raw box code inside the
union and then include the box code as you posted it at the bottom of
your scene file. (Supposing no transforms on the union itself)

Trying something other than a quartic for the spout water drop would
tell us something too. I've run across some quartic specific code
somewhere - csg code perhaps...

Alain's idea about coincident surfaces as a cause is one scenario in my
head for an extra surface(a) due order reduction causing trouble, but
the image doesn't look quite right for it to me. However, if your wall
texture itself mirrors across the ground plain who knows...

(a) - In it, the additional order reduction surface - you might not know
you have - becomes the one of the coincident surfaces.

Hmm, Have you tried a render where you remove the reflection block from
finish block of the spout water drop?

Bill P.