POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Rhombic Dodecahedron with Matt Parker : Re: Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Rhombic Dodecahedron with Matt Parker Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Rhombic Dodecahedron with Matt Parker
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 7 Jan 2022 16:07:05
Message: <61d8ab79@news.povray.org>
On 2021-12-31 17:01 (-4), Bald Eagle wrote:

> Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Rhombic Dodecahedron with Matt Parker
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65r_1TzJXaQ
>

> It's not POV-Ray, but you can see where this is going....

It's a shame the rhombic dodecahedron doesn't get more attention; I
think it's a beautiful shape.  I first learned about it from a book of
crystallography I read when I was 11 years old.

This is a scene I started in 2003, and still revisit occasionally.  The
shape at the right front is a rhombic dodecahedron.  Image
regular-m3.jpg is the scene as of 2006, though it's not substantially
different from the original.  Image regular-new-m11.jpg is as of last April.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'regular-m3.jpg' (49 KB) Download 'regular-new-m11.jpg' (57 KB)

Preview of image 'regular-m3.jpg'
regular-m3.jpg

Preview of image 'regular-new-m11.jpg'
regular-new-m11.jpg