POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Rhombic Dodecahedron with Matt Parker : Re: Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Rhombic Dodecahedron with Matt Parker Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:08:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Rhombic Dodecahedron with Matt Parker
From: Andrel Linnenbank
Date: 5 Jan 2022 08:04:12
Message: <61d5974c$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-12-2021 22:01, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Rhombic Dodecahedron with Matt Parker
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65r_1TzJXaQ
>

> It's not POV-Ray, but you can see where this is going....

It is also my favourite shape, because it fills space. It is the voronoy
space of a ball stacking lattice. If you have Rhombo dodecahedra shapes
voxels, the  connectedness of foreground and background are
well-defined. Just as 6-connectedness in 2D space.

In the days that I regularly used POV I also created some other solids
that filled space. I might use my 3D printer to print some of those for
the math teacher in my school.

    Andrel