POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Misty mountains impression : Re: Misty mountains impression Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:00:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Misty mountains impression
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Sep 2021 02:27:16
Message: <61497b44@news.povray.org>
Op 20/09/2021 om 05:07 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> I'm currently visiting the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina, and
> the mist in the air reminds me of when I visited the Shenandoah
> Mountains in northwestern Virginia 13 years ago, and why I implemented
> hills the way I did in my 3rd generation render rig.  Compare this with
> the hills of my 4th generation reboot.

Yes? However, now I would like to see a combination of both: hills (4th)
with haze (3rd). I am effectively missing a (bluish) distant haze in the
4th generation hills, which, you certainly have observed. Similarly, in
France, when visiting the Vosges region, one speaks of "La ligne bleue
des Vosges" i.e. "the blue line (or silhouette) of the Vosges".

--
Thomas