POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Happy (?) 4th anniversary : Re: Happy (?) 4th anniversary Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:48:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy (?) 4th anniversary
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 11 Sep 2021 12:53:43
Message: <613cdf17$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-09-08 5:33 PM (-4), Samuel B. wrote:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
>> Four years ago today, Hurricane Irma slammed into the Virgin Islands, knocking
>> out electricity for several months. Today, the power utility is celebrating the
>> occasion with multiple blackouts. Four blackouts so far today. And it's still
>> morning.
>
> I think I remember that... Puerto Rico was out of power for a long time. And one
> of our (perhaps more embarrassing) presidents threw a roll of paper towels at a
> reporter, or somebody.

At least he was able to be educated that Puerto Rico is ruled by the
USA.  He thought the USVI had its own president!  After Assface was
elected, many Americans said, "Not my president!"  I objected to saying
this on the grounds that it is better to accept reality, however
unpleasant; but after he gave our governor that field promotion, I
wondered if "not my president" was accurate for me after all.

> Hopefully you won't be stuck without power for too long. Do you have a
> generator? Solar recharging units for any mobile devices, etc.?

The electricity is stable for now.  But this will happen again.  It
always does.

We got a generator after the storms, but due to our endemic power
problems, it got run into the ground.  We are in the process of
installing a new generator.  More specifically, my brother is
supervising installation, which is to say it will take at least 10 times
longer than estimated.

My car can recharge the phone.