POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : Motion Blurring : Re: Motion Blurring Server Time
18 Apr 2024 12:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Blurring
From: Peter Popov
Date: 25 Nov 1999 15:02:57
Message: <=9k8OGXhtsWwyHRMJ0IYzH6jG5OH@4ax.com>
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:55:35 -0800, "H.E. Day" <mil### [at] teleportcom>
wrote:

>I was wondering - is it possible to do motion blurring based on the
>actual translate commands?  What I mean is, create a motion blur from
>the translate amount, clock delta, and clock?  For example:
>
>sphere {0,1 translate -20*z*clock}
>
>would produce a linear (vector based) motion blur in the z direction,
>assuming motion blurring has been turn on.  This would obviously need
>some adjustment for spline based scenes. Perhaps a MBlur_Amount or
>Blur_Distance?
>Anyway, just an idea that would cut down on the render time required for
>the use of a motion blur in povray. Can anyone make sense of these
>ramblings and perhaps translate (no pun intended) them into reality?
>
>H.E. Day

I have successfully used averaged frames to make motion blur. A quick
(and dirty) way to increase rendering speed is to only render those
objects that move, using the +ua option, and then superimpose the
averaged result over the previously rendered rest of the scene. This
has the disadvantage of breaking shadows and reflection, but this can
be fixed, too, though it will make more time (render- and otherwise).

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700