POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : greeble envy : greeble envy Server Time
16 Jun 2024 02:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  greeble envy
From: Tek
Date: 17 Oct 2006 12:48:09
Message: <45350949@news.povray.org>
You know how sometimes the same word keeps popping up in your life and you
start to get kind of superstitious that there's some strange force behind
it? Well over the last 3 days I have: looked up the wikipedia definition of
greebles, seen a post here about Zeger's Greebles, and saw a post on
off-topic also about greebles! In that order, and in apparently completely
unconnected events! I swear nobody needs this many greebles in their life.

Anyway, seeing all these lovely greebles has given me greeble envy, so I
decided to try to do some greebles that render fast enough that I might be
able to use them in an animation, if the next IRTC anim topic ever gets
announced...

So here is the results of my macro, it draws a greebled polygon (or in this
case several polygons arranged in a square-torus), by subdividing the
4-pointed polygon into a grid, then using a bunch of funky rules to deform
that grid.

Total parse & render time: 42 seconds.
--
Tek